Frequently Asked Questions
Nov 12, 2019 - 03:42pm
Frequently Asked Questions Installation, Configuration and Related System Configuration
Can I Change the Search's Stopword List?
Rate This FAQ
(Not yet rated)
Created On: 31 Mar 2000 10:36 am
Last Edited: 4 Mar 2013 11:31 am
I find the default stopword list too restrictive. How can I edit it?
Customize searching by editing the "stopwords.default" file found in your root webx directory (or create your own file named "stopwords" from here).
There are five steps in modifying this list of skipped words:
- Rename the text file "stopwords.default" to "stopwords."
- Edit this text file appropriately.
- After the file has been edited, restart WebCrossing and login as the "sysop" user.
- Enter the "Sysop Control Panel"
- Select the "Create Search Index" option.
Subsequent search indexes will be built using the file "stopwords," omitting the words contained in the file.