Frequently Asked Questions
Mar 3, 2021 - 01:27pm
Frequently Asked Questions Support Assistant Web Crossing isn't Working... Web Crossing is Unresponsive Error Messages
Can't create connection
Rate This FAQ
(Not yet rated)
Created On: 15 Apr 2002 11:21 am
Last Edited: 15 Apr 2002 11:21 am
I am try to make a WCTL ".http" connection to another site and the only response I get is "Can't create connection".
- If you just upgraded or updated your site, particularly from a version prior to 4.1, you most likely have not entered an IP address for a DNS server in the "Email Settings/SMTP" control panel. In 4.1+, due to enhanced email services, Web Crossing requires you enter this information. On UNIX flavors it will attempt to detect the server's default DNS IP, but this isn't always possible (or correct if you have security on your DNS). NOTE: Using the IP address of a site in your .http call rather than a domain name will be more efficient. Otherwise Web Crossing needs to perform a DNS lookup.
- If this error "just suddenly" started, then the problem is most likely one of the following:
- Transient network difficulties between you and the site your are attempting to reach.
- The site you are calling is down.
- The site you are calling has blocked you or is otherwise not accepting connections from you (did your site's IP change?).
- Local network issues on your side.
- Web Crossing cannot contact the DNS server you have assigned it. It might be down, you might be prevented from using it, etc.